Ivalo, as well as the entire Lapland, is the land of eight seasons [lapland.fi]:
- Christmas – deep winter
- Frosty Winter – late winter
- Crusty Snow – spring
- Departure of Ice – early summer
- Midnigt Sun – summer
- Harvest Season – late summer
- Colourful Autumn – autumn
- First Snow – early winter.
Inarilapland offers a holistic view to Inari and Sami Culture.
Best photography from Inari and Ivalo:
- Pertti Turunen
- Mikael Rantalainen, panoramas
- Lentokuva Vallas, aerial photos
- Kuvaristo, Inari and Lapland